- The cantor set seems a very widespread pattern in music, f.e. in the Cello Suite of J.S.Bach
This is especially obvious in Psytrance music, where the cantor pattern repeats over scales ranging from milliseconds 16th notes up to several days long festivals.
- All major aspects of music, outstanding paper!
- reverb/echos, guitar feedback
- music genres as tree structure
- fractal rhythms
- tiny fractal variations are what makes the difference between a good and a bad drummer
- Octaves, selfsimilar as Cantor Set
- 1/f noise
- Pleasant Music: Zipf’s Law and Interactive Evolution Systems
- music iteration of a basic idea, great example by “4chords”:
- zooming in on a waveform – you can hardly know what the size of the zoom window is, seconds, minutes, hours.
Music as decision tree