The Most Authoritative List Of Mandelbulb 3D Tutorials On The Internet!
Training for all levels!
As with any skill you wish to master, training is critical. The skills you will acquire by going through the tutorial training listed below will propel you to the Master Level of Fractal Art creation! This collection of training tutorials could easily be sold for a few dollars per pdf, however, I provide it here free of charge so it can help the most people possible!
Here is an important tip for new users that may get a “missing formula” error.
The first thing you should do is to try downloading the Custom formulas & transforms from this link. Once you download the zip file, use it to overwrite your existing formulas.
Remember that if you get a formula “options not valid” error, it could also be because you are trying to mix formulas from the last three columns with those in the first 8 columns. You can’t do that unless you select DE combinate as a hybrid type. You might be using a formula in the last column without using a shape formula from columns 9 and 10 along with it. Another possibility is that you could be using a formula from the ads columns without also selecting another formula from 3d, 4d or 4da columns to go with it.
If you load a set of parameters and you get a missing formula error then you need to get the formula that is missing and add it to your M3Formulas folder and restart the program and then reload it and the formula will be in its respective column. So when you reload the parameters again, it will no longer give you the missing formula error. So that question is answered. If you are getting a formula error from incorrect settings for the DE combinate then once you fix it, it will then say “parameters ok” and it will allow you to finish working on the fractal, if it keeps giving you the error then you didn’t fix the settings. There are a few things that can cause that error so studying the tutorials for DE combinate is the best way to figure out what you did or didn’t do that is causing the error.
Now, enjoy the following tutorials.
Fractals: Coherent Chaos with Anders Hjemdahl on MIND & MACHINE
We take a highly visual dive into Fractals — what they are, what they mean and what they reveal to us. It’s an astonishing look into mysterious mathematical riddles that create infinite multi-dimensional worlds with a very sci-fi feel.
Courtesy of Miles Van Yperen
Here is a video that explains the images above!
Start here and try to work through this entire list. If you do so, your skills will almost triple.
Some of these are a little dated but the instruction still applies to the current version of Mandelbulb 3D!
- Understanding Julia and Mandelbrot Sets
- Fractals for Dummies
- The Mandelbrot Set and the Julia set
- Navigating 3D-space (Mandelbulb 3D – first steps)
- Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial by HalTenny
- Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial 2 by HalTenny
- Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial 3 by HalTenny
- Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial 4: Basic Tips
- Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial 5: Tips and Tricks
- Isolating Structures In MB3D
- Mandelbulb 3D Volumetric Light Tutorial
- Mandelbulb 3D ~ Mastering 3D Navi
- Mandelbulb 3D ~ Navigating Tip
- Mandelbulb 3D and Heightmaps
- Mandelbulb 3D ~ Light it up!
- Mandelbulb 3D ~ Sphereheightmap
- Quick’n’Dirty: Reflections and Transparency
- 100 percent mirroring setting in MB3D by dark-beam
- Intro to Mandelbulb 3D
- Insight Light – A M3D Lightning Tutorial by gannjondal
- Mandelbulb 3D In- and outside render by Sabine62
- Mandelbulb 3D – Saving light settings by Sabine62
- Mandelbulb 3D – Quick’n’Dirty Working with maps by Sabine62
- Quick-n-Dirty: DoF (Depth of Field)
- Amazing Underwater Object Tutorial
- Custom Height Maps For Mandelbulb 3D
- Mandelbulb Basic Light and Color Tutorial
- Mandelbulb 3D DEcombinate Mix Mode Tutorial
- Lyapunov modifier for MB3D
- An Amazing Surf 2 Guideline
- REFLECTIVE DIFS tuto
- HOW TO BUILD GOOD LANDSCAPE with Mb3d
- Q3D Bulb Tutorial
- Formula MandalayKIFS – Tips
- Mandelbulb 3D Apollo dIFS Tutorial
- An Amazing Surf ‘Roots’ How-To
- What is the Deal with Color?
- MandelBulb 3D DEcombinate Mix Mode Tutorial
- return of head-height map – Mandelbulb 3D with Parameters
- Glass – IFSonly in DEcomb – MB3D with Parameter
- Mandelbulb 3D Quick’n’Dirty Anti-Aliasing
- Basic Intro Mb3D Formula Editor and JIT Compiler
- Evolution of a fractal ~ a ~ to ~ z
- Generating Tiled Images Using Big Render
- How to get MB3D work on Mac OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks
- How to Add a Background Image to Mandelbulb 3D
- Mandelbulb 3D, my process. by eccoarts
- Mandelbulb 3D Navigator Tutorial
- To Cage The Dragon – PDF version
- Fractalizing Yourself? Fractal Mysteries 01
- How to use CondItcountSwitch
- Mandelbulb 3D Quick Volumetric Lighting Tutorial
- Mandelbulb 3D Gnarlies Different Way
- Mandelbulb Julia spine tuto
- Inside Amazing Box + IFS tut
- WAY faster gnarl formulas. Sample params.
- Using Positional Lights w Volumetric Light in MB3D
- Basic Mandelbulb Animation Tutorial
- MB3D to 3D Print Tutorial
- Visual reference for MB3D Formulas (updated)
- Koch cube minitut
- Rendering with Mandelbulb 3D
- Mandelbulb 3D – Negative Tuto
- Mandelbulb 3D Theli-at style Box tutorial
- Barnsley tutorial – new version
- MB3D Burning Ship Tutorial
- Visual partial guide to ‘GenCWarp’
- Mandelbulb FAQ-suggestions
- Mandelbulb 3D Z Start Tutorial
- Survival tips for the Inside of TgladTetra
- Amazing Box Spheres Tutorial
- Specializing of ABox Bulbs 1
- What Happens if.
- Handling Your Balls …
- Placing object in MB3D without 3D Navi
- Volumetric Light Orientation
- MB3D dIFS Shapes
- MB3D: Field of depth guide
- Smileys and DIFS playing
- Egyptian Pottery … WTF?
- Tutorial Mandelbulb 3D
- MB3D Color Tutorial
- ABoxMod2 is released
- Tutorial Mandelbulb3D FLD – Amazingbox hybrid
- EM_JIT_M3Formulas example images for M3D, official
- Intro to Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial
- Why I done an ‘alt’ Sierpinski
- Mini tutorial on good old Mandelbrot in 3D
- No more noise on reciprocal fractals
- A Comparison of Structures
- DE Combinate modes overview
- Choose your own house
- 3D Shape Quick Reference Mandelbulb 3D v.1.9.0
- 3D Shape Quick Reference part 2
- DIFS Shape Quick Reference
- DECombinate overview
- Quick Handy Tips For New MandelBulb 3D User’s
- An Endless Winding Ladder
- Tutorial: Placing object in MB3D without 3D Navi
- MB3D: Field of depth guide
- How do I program difs shapes
- Quick visual reference to using Lightmaps
- Mini tutorial about polishing cut fractals
- How To Export A Fractal From
MB3D point cloud in Houdini tutorial
Warning: Illegal string offset ‘data-column-id’ in /homepages/14/d679045345/htdocs/fractalinstitute/wp-content/plugins/mpc-massive/shortcodes/mpc_column/mpc_column.php on line 101
Mandelbulb3D terrain tutorial
The Mandelbrot Set – The only video you need to see!
Mandelbulb 3D Voxel Stack Tutorial
How to create textured 3D meshes with Mandelbulb 3D
3D Fractal to 3D Print demo
Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial – Animation Walkthrough
Tutorial: Mandelbulb 3D to 3D Printer Using ZBrush
Screencast Test – New Mesh Export in Mandelbulb 3D
Searching for Shapes – Mandelbulb 3D Timelapse
Mandelbulb Tutorial: Fractal Image
2D images in MB3D
Mandelbulb 3d tutorial 5/4/14
How to use animated height map in MB3d 1.9
Mandelbulb 3D Positional Light Tutorial
Mandelbulb 3d tutorial
TUTORIAL- HOW TO MAKE FRACTAL ART USING MANDELBULB3D- (Free App)
Cinematic Fractal tutorial
mandelbulb 3d tutorial bulbox+ 1
mandelbulb 3d tutorial bulbox+ 2
How to animate in Mandelbulb 3d using Virtual dub and Kaleider tutorial
Mandelbulb 3D Tutorial + New Style?
“metal-head in 6min” Mandelbuld3D – Heightmap Tutorial
mandelbulb 3D basic formula’s
New in Mandelbulb3D v1.91 | The Bulb Tracer and MutaGen Modules
Mandelbulb 3D Animation Tutorial deutsch / english
Chillout Tutorial: Fractal Formulas
Underwater Fractal Tutorial
Fractals in VFX
Final Thoughts About Your Training!
My madness runs deep when thinking about helping others learn and enjoy the thrill of creating 3D Fractal Art. It’s Maniacal really! It is my genuine hope that this list of training resources totally transforms your skill set. Now go create Awesome Fractals for your own joy and pleasure as well as the amazement of your friends and family!
If you have written a tutorial, shared a collection of maps or created a parameter pack that is not listed here, please contact me through da or FaceBook and I will be happy to add it.
Thank You for taking the time to review this list!
Ricky Jarnagin (aka DsyneGrafix )