Studies from several areas have shown that fractal analysis can help to detect cancer in early stages. Cancerous tissue has a different fractal dimension than healthy tissue and if this difference could be spotted in earlier stages than with current techniques.
- Diatom structure and variability of plankton
- Intermittency in the plankton: a multifractal analysis of zooplankton biomass variability
- Obituary for Benoit Mandelbrot in Journal for Plankton Research
- Size distributions and fractal properties of particles during a simulated phytoplankton bloom in a mesocosm
- Fractal Distribution of an Oceanic Copepod Neocalanus cristatus in the Subarctic Pacific
- booon “fractals and multifractals in ecology and aquatic sciences” – Expert Laurent Seuront, contact